Peter Lee, LL.M.
Intellectual Property Law
0211 303 301-10
0211 303 301-20
Peter is your contact for all questions in the field of Intellectual property (Trademarks, Copyrights, Design, Patents, Competition and Internet law). He has been a Cooperate and Commercial law attorney for over 20 years. Peter has extensive experience in protecting and defending Intellectual property and handles regularely Opposition and Cancellation proceedings at the EUIPO as well as at the Court of Justice of the European Union and in all types of infringement cases pre-court and at court. Companies of all types and sizes, especially foreign corporations entering the European market and their German branches ask Peter for advice in commercial and corporate law related matters.
Already during his education as a post graduate, Peter focused on Intellectual property with positions in a Boutique firm and in the Patent & Licensing department of a renown microchip manufacturer.
Peter is a certified lawyer in Intellectual Property law (Fachanwalt) and holds a Master degree in Intellectual Property law (LL.M.). Institutions and government bodies of Korea such as the Korean Embassy, Korea Tourism Organisation, KOTRA's Business Incubation Service and KOTRA's IP Desk trust him as an attorney. He is also in constant contact with business development agencies in Germany at city as well as state level.
Peter is admitted to all local, regional and higher regional courts in Germany. Correspondence languages are German, English and Korean.
- 1991-1996 Law studies at the University of Bielefeld
- 1996-1999 Legal clerkship Higher Regional Court
- 1999-2001 Managing Partner of SAM Electronics GmbH
- 2002 – practising as attorney first in Neuss and now in Düsseldorf
- 2012-2013 Master's degree in "Intellectual Property" (LL.M. degree) from the law faculty of Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf
Main areas of activity
- Intellectual property (trademarks, copyrights, design, patents, competition and internet law)
- Commercial and corporate law (company formation and liquidation, company acquisitions, disputes between shareholders)
- Insolvency law
- German Bar Association
- Düsseldorf Bar Association
- GRUR German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyright
- AIPPI, International Association for Industrial Property Protection
Current training courses & further education
- Photo and image law in the digital age, Part I & II - 2021
- Product imitation case law - 2020
- Enforcement and defense of patent claims- 2020
- Employee changes and know-how protection: new challenges from the Trade Secrets Act - 2020
- Current case law and the dos and don'ts in trademark and competition law - 2019
- Trademark Law Modernization Act or 15 Trademark Law Reform Lifehacks you will like - 2019
- Current case law on competition and trademark law 2019
- Design protection in Germany and the European Union - 2018
- Enforcement and defense of patent claims - 2018
- The European patent system - a never ending story?-2017
- The Patent Infringement Trial – 2017